Vendor Associate Members(click to view all vendor members)Service Associate Members(click to view all service members)Publishing Associate Members(click to view all publishing members) |
FIX: Cost Management for Service 2.0
Upcoming Workshop Date and Location: Aug. 5-6, 2015 - Las Vegas, Nevada*
Member Tuition: $495**
Non-member Tuition: $925 (Includes a one-year BTA dealer membership.)
* Aug. 5-6 FIX attendees will receive FREE registration to the Capture the Magic district event, hosted by BTA West.
**BTA members may apply their $150 or $250 educational discount received with their membership toward this workshop. Redeem your discount when registering by entering promo code: $150Discount or $250Discount.
Click here to register for the Aug. 5-6 workshop.
Successful BTA dealers use their service departments to maintain profit margins as new equipment sales margins decline. FIX, BTA's popular service workshop, teaches you how to compute the cost of your service labor hour (service burden rate) and improve your overall service department profitability.
Workshop instructors Ronelle Ingram and Rock Janecek will cover first-call completion and proven management and customer service programs to improve morale within your service department. Those struggling with MPS and IT issues can learn new management skills to help transition their staffs to the realities of solutions-based servicing. This is a highly interactive, energetic classroom experience. Come prepared to learn in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
You Will Learn:
You Will Take Home:
- How to determine the actual cost of a service hour; items to consider with costing MPS, CPC, document management, etc.; and vehicle operations
- The importance of first-call completion
- How to generate 50-percent-plus service department profitability
- How to establish profitable "markup-method" pricing for prepaid field service, solution-based servicing and overtime
- How to compute cost-per-click for equipment usage
- How to implement new service compensation programs
- How to manage your staff operations with profit-making opportunities, improved teamwork and a proven customer-relations program
- How to maintain a winning service team by learning how to deal with high gas prices and how to create competitive compensation plans
Who Should Attend:
- Excel software that will enable you to calculate your own cost of the service hour (service burden rate)
- Workshop manual for reference
- Sample prepaid service agreements
- Service department worksheets and action plan templates
- Cost/price spreadsheet templates (Excel) with formulas
- Owners, service managers, service supervisors, controllers, sales managers, dispatch/office managers
- Aug. 5: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 6: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3355 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (702) 414-1000
Room rate: $169/night
Click here to reserve your room.
Ronelle Ingram is a hands-on working service professional from Irvine, Calif., with 40 years in the industry. She has served BTA for many years in many capacities: As an instructor at BTA-sponsored classes and trade shows, BTA's 2008-09 national president, former BTA West president, former BTA Southern California president, BTA Volunteer of the Year and BTA Trainer of the Year. Ingram currently serves on the ITEX Advisory Counsel and writes a monthly service management column in ENX Magazine.
Rock Janecek is the division service manager for Burtronics Business Systems Inc. located in San Bernardino, Calif. He has been in the office technology industry since 1980, when he started his career as a technician for Saxon Business Products. Janecek, who holds multiple CompTIA certifications, is a working service manager who understands the daily trials and tribulations of leading a profitable service department. He focuses on machine-specific repair, networking, employee management, customer retention and the importance of first-call completion. He served as BTA's national president during the 2010-11 year.
Click here to register for the Aug. 5-6 workshop.
"The FIX seminar was absolutely outstanding. Ronelle Ingram is a fantastic instructor. She combines a dynamic personality with exceptional experience, both as a service manager and as a FIX instructor. There wasn't a question that we had that she had not heard and dealt with before. When we broke into groups and presented our solutions to test problems, she was able to assist us in expanding our grasp of the problem itself and of the possible solutions to it. I cannot think of a single thing more that I could ask of an instructor than what Ronelle provided us."
Hendrix Business Systems
"FIX was absolutely awesome for us to learn the cost of things that we didn't even take into account as business owners. It has made us really think about the back end of it. It's not just labor costs — it's everything in between."
Northern Business Systems
"I enjoyed the course. Ronelle was very enthusiastic. It helped me to fully understand the costing of service, loaners and drivers, and it gives me the knowledge to drive those costs lower."
Business Electronics Corp.
"I was amazed at what I found out about the actual cost of a rental and the actual cost of the tech hour. I found the information to be priceless. Also, it was beneficial to hear other ideas regarding ways to increase profit and 'sell service' to the sales department."
Digital Business Machines
"Great course. Any service manager should attend."
Automated Imaging Systems Inc.