Intronis Launches Education Campaign to Promote Data Protection Best Practices
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Intronis LLC has launched an educational campaign promoting the importance of data protection and offering a variety of tips and best-practice resources. National Cyber Security Awareness Month encourages Americans to take a vested interest in learning about risks and best practices to ensure the safety of their data online.
Cybersecurity continues to be a growing concern, with research showing the significant risks SMBs face:
Intronis' Cyber Security Resource Center offers a variety of tools to help IT services providers secure their customers' data. Resources include a new security readiness quiz to quickly assess customers' security practices, in addition to datasheets, tech guides, on-demand webinars, infographics and blog posts. Additionally, Intronis will be hosting two webinars in October featuring panel discussions on cybersecurity and unveiling an e-book that provides details on industry best practices.
- 81 percent of all data breaches happen to small businesses (Verizon 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report)
- 60 percent of small businesses that experience a cyberattack will go out of business within six months (National Cyber Security Alliance, America's Small Businesses Must Take Online Security More Seriously)
- 97 percent of data breaches could have been avoided with today's cloud-based security technology (Verizon 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report)
"With increasing concerns around cybersecurity, it's become critical for organizations to feel confident that their data is protected," said Chris Crellin, senior director of product management, Intronis. "At Intronis, we've put extra emphasis on equipping our IT service providers with resources to help assure customers that their data is secure and we're celebrating National Cyber Security Awareness Month by working with our channel partners to revisit security best practices they can share with their customers."
To help MSPs rethink strategies for online security, Intronis also compiled 31 cybersecurity tips for IT service providers. The tips include:
Intronis is offering a complimentary webinar on at 2 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, Oct. 28 discussing why social engineering attacks matter, what the most common scams are, and tips and tricks IT service providers can leverage to protect themselves and customers across the digital landscape.
- Plan ahead and have cybersecurity protection in place long before an attack happens
- Learn how to protect yourself from social engineering and phishing attacks
- Set up an intrusion prevention system and security software on all computers
- Keep all operating systems up to date
- Keep workplace Wi-Fi networks secure, encrypted and hidden
For more information and to register for the cybersecurity webinar, visit: http://campaign.intronis.com/Webinar-20151015-CyberSecurity-Training_LP-Registration.html