Panasonic Announces New Network Scanning Solution
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Panasonic has released its newest M100-series network scanning solution that combines the advanced processing power of an Intel Core i5 tablet with the reliability of its scanners. This new system provides a fully-connected document management and imaging solution ideal for any size business. The universal solution provides a streamlined workflow, ultimately trimming unnecessary back-office time. The network scanning solution eliminates the need for manual scanning and data entry with the ability to scan to email, shared folders, fax or Bluetooth at the touch of a button.
"By enhancing the scanner system with the advanced processing and durability of the Toughpad, I'll be able to deliver an overall superior solution with enhanced document management abilities using Panasonic's patented technology," said Levi Longmore, president, Scanner One Inc., a Panasonic-authorized VAR. "As the first and only 100 page-per-minute document management solution of its kind, I have no doubt the new network scanning system will be a welcome solution for many of my customers including insurance companies, banks, hospitals and health-care offices."
With the added high-performance processor, the Panasonic system can quickly scan images without any reduction in productivity.
Additional features include:
*Available on select models only
- High-speed simplex & duplex scanning: With increased scanning speeds up to 100 pages per minute (ppm) and the ability to automatically scan single- or double-sided with the stroke of a single key.
- Double-feed, staple & dog-ear detection*: Using several high-performance sensors to detect issues, these functions alert the user at the time of detection to help eliminate paper jams and increase scanning speeds.
- Long paper mode, mixed media & batch scanning: Save time and eliminate the need to set up scanning parameters multiple times with the ability to automatically scan multiple items at one time, and the capacity to support long-paper items such as electrocardiograms, passports and thick card stock with the straight-path paper feed.
- Various types of file support: The system can support a multitude of file formats including uncompressed TIFF, JPEG TIFF, multi-page TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF and searchable PDF.
- Security & device management: Feel confident and secure with even your most sensitive business documents with added security and management features including: domain network authentication/local user management, remote administration, local device address book (LDAP), built-in auditing and auto document erasure.
"We're always on the lookout for new ways to package up and deliver an even greater, efficient and cost-savings document management solution to our customers," said Joseph Odore, product manager for document management and imaging solutions, Panasonic. "Our new network-connected scanning system provides enhanced processing for businesses of all sizes, as well as a software development kit and custom professional services upon request."
The new network scanning solution is available now and configured with select scanner models, including:
- KV-S157M100 - KV-S1057C w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution — $4,000 manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP)
- KV-S287M100 - KV-S2087 w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution — $6,200 MSRP — available February 2016
- KV-S546M100 - KV-S5046H w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution — $7,900 MSRP
- KV-S576M100 - KV-S5076H w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution — $8,400 MSRP
- KV-S465M100 - KV-S4065CW w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution — $9,900 MSRP
- KV-S485M100 - KV-S4085CW w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution — $14,600 MSRP