Canon Announces UniFLOW V5.4
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Canon U.S.A. Inc. has announced the release of uniFLOW Version 5.4., the latest version of the output management, device management and smart scanning solution. As an integrated single-platform software solution, uniFLOW V5.4 provides improved scanning and mobile printing, enhanced office printing, central device management and an extension of the previous version's print room features for a wide range of products.
Expanding on the print and scan management capabilities of previous versions, uniFLOW V5.4 introduces highly secure workflow-enabled scanning to the Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront network scanners and extends highly secure printing to the Océ ColorWave and Océ PlotWave large format printers and deeply integrates with Océ PRISMAdirect used in print rooms.
"The demands of the office environment are continually evolving and Canon is committed to refining our solutions to provide the best possible resources as businesses grow and adapt to new trends," said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. Inc. "With uniFLOW Version 5.4, we've expanded upon the success of Canon's award-winning technology and continue to simplify and improve the user experience by providing users with greater flexibility, control and convenience required to manage their workflow processes."
The key benefits of uniFLOW V5.4 include:
uniFLOW V5.4 is available now through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America. Most customers currently under a Maintenance & Support contract are eligible for an upgrade at no cost.
- Flexible document scanning — uniFLOW V5.4 offers improved implementation wizards, an enhanced scan processing engine that provides OCR, de-speckling and de-skewing, additional connectors, security options and uniFLOW scanning support on Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront networked scanners. Providing a consistent smart scanning solution across Canon MFP systems and networked scanners can help reduce confusion and increase productivity in the office place.
- Powerful mobile printing — With this solution, administrators have greater control and flexibility in supporting growing mobile print requirements and determining which printer functions can be accessed by various mobile print users, including guest users.
- Enhanced office printing — The latest version of uniFLOW V5.4 features new print workflow setup wizards and an improved user interface for the uniFLOW Release Station, which can also be used on non-Canon systems. Additionally, this solution brings highly secure printing and job accounting features to the Océ ColorWave and Océ PlotWave large format printer family. This extends more print security, control and management benefits of this solution to a variety of new customers such as architectural, building and engineering firms.
- Central device management — uniFLOW V5.4 is now equipped with an enhanced card identity and self-management interface, allowing users to conveniently register multiple identity cards or temporary cards directly from the Canon device touchscreen. This provides efficient user and project tracking flexibility and helps lessen administrative management time.
- Integrated production printing — In addition to expanding uniFLOW "Scan to Print Room" functionality, uniFLOW V5.4 offers integration with Océ PRISMAdirect, Canon's new production workflow and order management system. This allows organizations to better manage the accounting and reporting of both their office print environments and print rooms on one common system.
- Energy saving — uniFLOW V5.4 offers a new energy-saving, sleep-mode feature, which, when scheduled by the administrator, allows uniFLOW-controlled imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems to utilize as little as 1 watt or less of energy when in this mode.
In other news, Canon U.S.A. Inc. has unveiled the first MFPs to be built on the third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series. Building upon the line's proven Canon technology, these new models further enhance the user experience and help to streamline business workflows. Featuring a modern, new two-color scheme, the design for these models was chosen to align with trends of brighter office spaces with high-contrast colors and models outside of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE portfolio.
"As businesses evolve, they require technology that can adapt to their changing workflow needs," said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "The introduction of this new platform is designed to provide customers with the flexibility and scalability to grow with their businesses. With a strong feature set and solutions platform, plus platform consistency and coherence, these new models are designed to meet the demands of today's businesses."
"With the launch of the third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, Canon has implemented a wide range of improvements and demonstrates that it continues to focus on designing products that address key customer challenges and workflow," said Keith Kmetz, program vice president of imaging, printing and document solutions, IDC. "These new models provide Canon with the opportunity to position itself as a leader in offering fully integrated and holistic business solutions."
The third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have been designed to help save time and resources while increasing productivity with efficient workflows and intuitive ease of use. A newly designed flat operation, touchscreen panel includes a larger display and new functions to improve usability. When authentication is activated, users can access My ADVANCE features to create a personalized experience tailored to their preferences for the display, settings and many frequently used functions.
Building on the success of Canon's technology, these new models offer tools that help users recognize areas for better management of print and document overhead. With advanced user authentication standard in all third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models, organizations can manage print and document costs by controlling employees' access and usage. Through the use of this standard feature, these new models can also integrate virtually seamlessly with optional uniFLOW software.
These models feature a set of standard and optional security capabilities to help limit access to sensitive information. Building upon Canon's prior security features and solutions, the third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models now include a standard Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Encryption function, automatically encrypting data stored on the main unit's HDD, thereby helping to restrict access to data which can limit data leaks from occurring.
The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems can be supported by a customer's Canon imageWARE Enterprise Management Console, its plug-ins and Canon's Managed Document Services. With these additional solutions, customers can benefit from centralized control for day-to-day management, as well as tools to easily deploy and manage device settings, user management and security features across the fleet of multifunction systems.
The third generation of imageRUNNER ADVANCE models is designed for durability, reliability and ease of service to provide customers with the uptime and quality that they've come to expect from Canon MFPs.
With features to help reduce waste, technology designed to provide low-energy consumption, which can help limit emissions, and the use of bio-based plastics in select parts, the third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series is designed to help support customers' sustainability goals. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series models are Energy Star certified and rated EPEAT Gold.
Designed as reliable, durable products that deliver high-quality output, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series are ready to assist high-volume office environments with a need for monochrome printing, document intensive workflows, robust scanning and diverse finishing requirements.
Great for a wide variety of vertical markets, including legal, education, financial and manufacturing businesses, as well as CRDs or in-plant operations, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8505i/8595i/8585i models make excellent companions for businesses looking to maximize print efficiency and bring work in-house to help achieve cost savings. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6575i/6565i/6555i are well positioned for law firms, manufacturing firms, schools and offices or large departments within an enterprise that have a need for high-volume, black-and-white printing. These models offer the tools helpful for mid- to high-volume offices to address document intensive workflows, scanning and diverse finishing requirements.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500 and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6500 Series are available now with the following manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MRSPs):
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8505i, $53,000; imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8595i, $41,000
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i, $35,000; imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6575i, $30,000
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i, $24,000; imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6555i, $18,000