Konica Minolta Launches bizhub PRO 1100
Tuesday, March 08, 2016
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc. (Konica Minolta) has announced the bizhub PRO 1100. With a rated output of 100 pages per minute and high-performance image capture, the bizhub PRO 1100 meets the needs of central in-house printing facilities, external print-for-pay services and vertical markets including legal, education and government.
The bizhub PRO 1100 operation panel has been unified with the bizhub color production print machines to improve operability and usability. With this, the bizhub PRO 1100 has many new workflow options including:
bizhub PRO 1100 meets a Gold-level rating in Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT), an environmental assessment system. It has also cleared standard Typical Energy Consumption values for Version 2.0 of the International Energy Star Program by a substantial margin.
- Adoption of Job Centro/Color Centro pairs up job management and work flow with the color production products including job ticketing editing functions for color machines.
- Adoption of controller hot folders.
- Standard dual-color scanner provides high-speed, simultaneous double-sided color scanning up to 180-opm. Image stabilization technology - equipped with the density balance and gamma correction functions providing improved image quality, more stable production of printed materials and also minimizes disparities in quality between different machines.
- New additional options help to boost operability while reducing initial introduction costs.
- Expansion options for solution applications.
"The affordable and powerful bizhub PRO 1100 offers smart features, excellent productivity, durability, halftone quality with the flexibility our customers need," said Kevin Kern, senior vice president of marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc. "With a wide range of workflow and finishing options, the bizhub PRO 1100 is well suited to meet the needs of in-house print facilities, specialized vertical market applications and print-for-pay markets."
In other news, Konica Minolta has announced the offering of the next major upgrade of the EveryonePrint (EOP) mobile print software solution, version 4.0. The solution provides organizations of all sizes — including universities, educational institutions and corporations worldwide — the ability to print from their notebooks or mobile devices with ease. In addition, a bEST certified app is available for secure release of print jobs from any bizhub control panel.
Easy to install and operate with full IT administrator control, EOP has BYOD (bring your own device) compatibility, secure private cloud/on-premise mobile printing, and simple licensing with unlimited mobile device users. 4.0 is the only enterprise mobile print solution with the ability to install on Linux Enterprise and IBM System z mainframes.
The fourth generation software develops and expands on the usability, high security and functionality associated with EveryonePrint. It includes significant new features and server clustering for high availability and integration with leading enterprise mobility management/mobile device management (EMM/MDM) solutions, as well as new and improved apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. Compatible with any printing infrastructure, EOP offers five different ways to print, including: email, Web, driver, Android and AirPrint for native printing from mobile devices.
New features and enhancements in version 4.0 include:
"Mobility is driving the need to provide secure mobile printing solutions that are compatible with BYOD policies and are easy to use and manage," said Kevin Kern, senior vice president of marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc. "From day-to-day ease of use with features and flexibility to print in a secure Wi-Fi based setup, 4.0 reduces costs of daily system administration for our customers."
- Expanded capabilities to have highly available and highly scalable services, with new clustering and load balancing features — no upper limit on user or printer numbers
- Supports three of the leading MDM solutions: AirWatch, Good Technology and MobileIron
- Support for printing from Windows phone devices using a newly developed specialized app
- Redesigned and improved Apple iOS and Android App