EFI Provides Fiery DFE For New Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6500/8500 MFPs
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Electronics For Imaging Inc. (EFI) is continuing its partnership with Canon by bringing to market a new Fiery digital front end (DFE) for Canon's new imageRUNNER ADVANCE models. The most recent result of this collaboration is the Fiery Driven Canon imagePASS-Y1 DFE for the new Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6500/8500 series of MFPs.
"The third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6500/8500 series builds on the award-winning success of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE system and provides customers increased flexibility to help their businesses evolve and adapt to their changing workflow needs," said Toyotsugu Kuwamura, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. Inc. "The Canon imagePASS-Y1 digital front end, provided by our long-term partner EFI, combined with the capabilities of the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems can provide a reliable, time-saving workflow option that Canon customers have come to count on and expect."
"Canon unveiled the future of its business solutions technology with this third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform and EFI is pleased to be able to contribute to the success of this series," said Toby Weiss, senior vice president and general manager, EFI Fiery. "This new Fiery DFE is 50-percent faster than its predecessor and includes easy-to-use automated workflows, tight integration with print MIS solutions and outstanding tools that can make complex jobs easier."
The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE series and Fiery DFE combination can help turn high performance into productivity. Users can especially benefit from key features such as:
As part of this launch, EFI offers a range of educational resources available to Canon sales partners and Canon customers, including free how-to guides and the popular World of Fiery series of free webinars available at webinar.efi.com/WorldofFiery.
- New variable-data capabilities, including VDP raster preview, VDP multi-up booklets and support for PDF/VT-2
- Support for Adobe PDF Print Engine 3.0 and Configurable PostScript Interpreter software for the latest updates in PDF and PostScript workflows
- Streamlined, Job Definition Format integration with EFI's portfolio of ERP/MIS workflow and Web-to-print software products
- Increased imposition automation with hot folders
- Fiery ImageViewer for Black and White, an option that allows users to preview ready-to-print jobs, as well as save curve data for future use and consistent output
- Support for Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE inline finishing solutions for single-pass production of finished documents. The Canon imagePASS-Y1 Server also includes the latest-version EFI Fiery Command WorkStation for tight integration, easy administration of Fiery Driven fleets and excellent operator productivity.