BTA's FIX: Cost Management for Service 2.0 Scheduled for June 11
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
On June 11 in Kansas City, Missouri, the Business Technology Association (BTA) will present FIX: Cost Management for Service 2.0 as a post-event workshop to the association's 2016 BTA National Conference, hosted by BTA Mid-America. FIX attendees will receive free registration to the 2016 BTA National Conference and BTA’s 90th anniversary event, BTA at 90: A Celebration.
Successful BTA dealers use their service departments to maintain profit margins as new equipment sales margins decline. FIX, BTA's popular service workshop, teaches attendees how to compute the cost of the service labor hour (service burden rate) and improve their overall service department profitability.
Workshop instructors Ronelle Ingram and Rock Janecek will cover first-call completion and proven management and customer service programs to improve morale within a service department. Those struggling with MPS and IT issues can learn new management skills to help transition their staffs to the realities of solutions-based servicing. This is a highly interactive, energetic classroom experience.
Attendees will learn:
Attendees will take home: An Excel file that will enable them to calculate their own cost of the service hour (service burden rate); a workshop manual for reference; sample prepaid service agreements; service department worksheets and action plan templates; and cost/price spreadsheet templates (Excel) with formulas.
- How to determine the actual cost of a service hour; items to consider with costing MPS, CPC, document management, etc.; and vehicle operations
- The importance of first-call completion
- How to generate 50-percent-plus service department profitability
- How to establish profitable "markup-method" pricing for prepaid field service, solution-based servicing and overtime
- How to compute cost-per-click for equipment usage
- How to implement new service compensation programs
- How to manage staff operations with profit-making opportunities, improved teamwork and a proven customer-relations program
- How to maintain a winning service team by creating competitive compensation plans
Ingram has 40-plus years of experience as a service professional in Southern California. She has served BTA for many years in many capacities: As an instructor at BTA-sponsored classes and trade shows, BTA's 2008-09 national president, BTA West president, BTA Southern California president, BTA Volunteer of the Year and BTA Trainer of the Year.
Janecek, 2010-11 BTA national president, has been in the office technology industry since 1980, most recently serving as the division service manager for Burtronics Business Systems Inc., San Bernardino, California. He started his career as a technician for Saxon Business Products. Janecek, who holds multiple CompTIA certifications, has dedicated his career to understanding the daily trials and tribulations of leading a profitable service department, with a focus on machine-specific repair, networking, employee management, customer retention and the importance of first-call completion.
BTA member tuition for the FIX: Cost Management for Service workshop is $495. Non-member tuition is $925 and includes a one-year BTA dealer membership.
For more information or to register, visit www.bta.org/FIX or call (800) 843-5059.