EFI Releases New DFE for Xerox WorkCentre MFPs
Monday, May 16, 2016
Electronics For Imaging Inc. (EFI) has announced a new EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) for the Xerox ConnectKey Technology-enabled i-Series MFPs. The new product, the EFI Fiery Network Server, delivers output that ensures critical corporate colors print accurately. It also delivers robust performance in higher-volume office document production and allows users to experience the power of personalization using Fiery FreeForm software.
"Office workers are looking for increasing sophistication and quality in their workgroup printers and we are pleased to deliver that by working with EFI," said Terry Antinora, vice president of the office and solutions business group, Xerox. "The new WorkCentre 7800i Series and WorkCentre 7970i MFPs with their newly available Fiery features help customers streamline their operations and improve quality while integrating with a wide variety of innovative workflows built around EFI and Xerox Solutions."
Advanced capabilities for the new Fiery DFE include:
"With this new offering, corporate printing operations benefit from the advantages of Fiery DFE technology — the standard for high-end office and graphic arts production printing — and reduce their outsourcing by creating higher-quality, fast-turnaround color documents in house," said John Henze, vice president of Fiery marketing, EFI. "And, by including the ability to access this technology through Fiery Go, businesses professionals also have exceptional mobile capabilities to confidently create high-end documents no matter where they are."
- Fiery VUE, a free visual print application that gives users the ability to import and combine content from multiple sources into a finished booklet
- Fiery FreeForm, a free tool for easy creation of personalized prints from files generated using Microsoft Office or Adobe InDesign
- An optional bundle of software applications that includes Fiery Spot-On software for better color matching, Auto Trapping to optimize print output, and Fiery Hot Folders and Fiery Virtual Printers to streamline and automate job setup
- Integration with Xerox Standard Accounting software and third-party cost accounting systems for accurate job tracking and easy access to data
- The Fiery Driver Configurator, which allows IT administrators to create customized Mac and Windows printer drivers, simplifying or customizing settings to users' needs
- The ability to monitor the status of multiple Fiery-Driven printers to manage jobs from anywhere with the free Fiery Go app.
The new Fiery Network Server supports the WorkCentre 7800i Series (7830i/7835i/7845i/7855i) and WorkCentre 7970i MFPs and is immediately available from Xerox.