SYNNEX Expands Security-Led Strategy for IT Channel Through CONVERGESolv Secure Network Group
Monday, May 23, 2016
SYNNEX Corp. has announced it has expanded its security-led strategy for the IT channel by adding several new offerings including managed security solutions, a cybersecurity partner care team, and complementary network and security assessments. The new offerings are available through its CONVERGESolv Secure Networking group, which is committed to designing and deploying end-to-end solutions for IT resellers.
"As the magnitude of security threats continues to escalate, it's critical for IT resellers to be proactive when managing and securing their customers' networks," said Reyna Thompson, vice president of integrated communications, SYNNEX Corp."By making significant new investments with leading OEMs and vendors in the security space and internally at SYNNEX, we are well-positioned to meet the demands of a growing number of resellers during a time when security has become an integral part of business planning and long-term success for the end customer."
In addition to leveraging SYNNEX' security line card, resellers can now access the following offerings:
Intel Security technology to help customers address the increasingly urgent need to shorten response times when advanced targeted attacks occur and more easily remediate compromised systems, leading to a simplified and more automated threat defense life cycle. Intel Security offers endpoint protection solutions, diverse technologies and a widely adopted and open centralized platform. With Intel Security solutions, SYNNEX resellers can offer a "platform architecture" that affords more seamless protection.
Managed security solutions that allow resellers to outsource the management and configuration of devices to SYNNEX experts, while creating recurring revenue streams:
A newly launched cybersecurity partner care team that provides an onsite, security-focused strategist and a group of network security engineers that resellers can leverage as their own presales support team.
- Fortinet Managed Firewall Services: Through a three-year contract that can be billed monthly to the reseller, SYNNEX is responsible for managing the firewall through its trained team of engineers. The end-customer stays up-to-date through vendor software updates provided by SYNNEX and does not have to own the hardware, with SYNNEX taking on this investment.
- WatchGuard Managed Firewall Services: Hardware is purchased on the front end and the managed services can be billed monthly to the reseller; SYNNEX is responsible for managing the service through its trained team of engineers, while the end-customer owns the firewall and keeps software renewal updates current. There is no long-term contract and resellers can cancel the service with one month's notice. SYNNEX was recently named WatchGuard's 2015 Distributor of the Year, which demonstrates the strength of the strategic relationship WatchGuard and SYNNEX have developed to successfully bring new products and solutions to market.
- Dell SonicWALL Managed Security Services: Provides resellers with a 24/7/365 managed security service to complement the Dell firewalls they sell and includes monitoring, policy changes, reporting, alerting and issue resolution. This high-value service has attractive features for end-customers in many market segments. Resellers have opportunities for strong retention rates with attractive margins and increased stickiness with the end customer, resulting in higher customer satisfaction through the decreased likelihood of data breaches, while strengthening their overall security posture. All of these benefits are provided via a monthly subscription model with no upfront cost — a preferred model among the end-customer community — allowing resellers to win more business and expand their customer footprint.
Complementary network and security assessments to drive customer awareness and sales by identifying and providing consultation on vulnerabilities.
Security-specialized professional and managed services for installation and deployment through SYNNEX' field services team. SYNNEX can also provide industry-specific security and compliance consultations for resellers selling into key technology verticals including health care, education, retail and finance.
"Our channel partners have never been more important in our strategy to create an integrated security system to address the 'Threat Defense Life Cycle' we call 'protect, detect and correct,'" said Kenneth McCray, Americas head of channel sales and operations, Intel Security. "With Intel Security solutions, SYNNEX can better equip its partners to prepare end-customers to proactively arm their businesses with offensive technology and security education."
By working with SYNNEX, resellers already have access to an end-to-end security solutions portfolio that includes offerings from legacy security manufacturers for technologies such as firewalls, AV, Web, app and email security, intrusion prevention systems, data loss prevention, and security information and event management. Resellers can differentiate their offerings through SYNNEX by adding innovative cloud, mobile and Internet of Things security solutions from emerging vendors. SYNNEX also offers presale and demo support from expert network security engineers, and its team can provide comprehensive professional services for risk management consulting, vulnerability assessments, secure networking design, installation and deployment.
Interested resellers can email email@example.com to sign up for bimonthly security Web classes that cover opportunities in security markets as well as information about security services, strategy and sales training. Resellers can also sign up for a monthly security-focused newsletter that highlights emerging technologies, vendor promotions and market trends.
To learn more about offerings through SYNNEX' CONVERGESolv Secure Networking group, interested resellers can contact:
- Intel_Security@synnex.com for Intel Security's offering
- CSSN@synnex.com for inquires related to the SYNNEX CONVERGESolv business unit including networking, wireless, security and unified communications
- firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires related to the cybersecurity partner care team, security vendors, security assessments, managed security services and cybersecurity
- email@example.com for inquires on Dell SonicWALL managed security services