HP Inc. Announces New Software to Make Business Printing More Productive
Tuesday, June 07, 2016
HP Inc. has announced new software that makes printing from mobile devices to printers on the corporate network easy and accessible, along with new analytics tools that help IT teams understand and optimize their printer fleets for better performance.
The new mobile printing software offers a simplified user experience for printing from mobile devices and a streamlined deployment experience for IT. By making mobile device printing easy to implement and use, HP enables employees to work from the devices that they already carry around, supporting productivity.
"Businesses need IT to deliver a print experience that helps keep employees productive," said Edmund Wingate, head of JetAdvantage Solutions, HP Inc. "Today HP is providing IT with the best mobile print capabilities and business intelligence tools to manage their environments to enhance security and make printing easy and reliable."
HPJetAdvantage Connect enables mobile devices to print to printers on the corporate network with a simple, intuitive PC-like print experience, without extra steps like opening a print app or sending an email to the print queue. It is also easier and less expensive for IT to deploy as print job rendering takes place on the mobile device, eliminating the need for a dedicated server, and IT can leverage the same tools used to configure and manage PC-based print infrastructure. Currently, HP JetAdvantage Connect supports Android, with iOS device support coming later in June. Support for other mobile platforms will be added in the future.
In addition, HP has updated two other offerings that make it easier for IT to support printing from mobile devices in a corporate environment.
Enabling Better Print Management with Business Intelligence
- HP Access Control Secure PullPrint makes the print authentication capabilities of HP Access Control available as a standalone offering at a lower cost. With this solution, IT can provide the same monitoring and protection features for print jobs coming from mobile devices as they do for print jobs coming from PCs.
- HP Access Control 15.2 has been updated with support for the latest security protocols and the ability to use pull printing across IT environments with multiple domains.
- The HP Print for Chrome App, which enables local printing for Chromebooks has been updated to support use with the Google admin console. This update gives IT a streamlined way to deploy and manage the app across large fleets of Chromebooks.
HP is focused on helping customers get the most out of their printing investment by providing tools that give actionable insights to optimize the productivity of their printer fleets.
For HP Managed Print Services customers, HP is introducing a set of business intelligence tools to give customers a transparent view of their printer fleet, along with predictive modeling to help prevent potential problems before they occur. These tools empower customers to make informed decisions, in partnership with HP, to ensure that their printer fleet is optimized for productivity, security and cost effectiveness.
These tools are available to all HP direct managed print services customers at no additional cost.
- HP Device Control Center offers interactive fleet management with real-time device status and location information.
- HP Instant Fleet Insights delivers enhanced reporting and analytics capabilities, leveraging device data such as service history, firmware versions, fleet composition and device usage.
HP JetAdvantage Insights is an easy-to-deploy cloud management tool that provides access to printer fleet data for customers with self-managed or partner-managed print environments, enabling them to maintain their printer fleets with greater efficiency. It is currently available for U.S. customers with broader availability to come in the future.