Copier Careers Publishes 2016 Technician Salary Survey Results
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
The 2016 Copier Careers Technician Salary Survey is now available. This year's survey reflects the responses of 4,428 copier/MFP channel technicians across the United States. Copier Careers uses these annual surveys to provide a year-by-year snapshot of how well industry professionals are compensated, how satisfied they are in their careers and how closely their needs are aligning with the needs of their employers.
Download the full 2016 Copier Careers Technician Salary Survey here.
- This year, the average salary for a copier service technician was $45,121, a modest increase of 2.26 percent over the previous year.
- 70 percent of respondents say they are either actively or "somewhat" looking for a new job — a 10-percent increase since 2015.
- In 2016, the copier/MFP channel has begun to see an exodus of network-trained technicians out of the industry and into higher-paying IT jobs.
- For technicians, working with leading-edge tech, improving innovative IT solutions and having continued opportunities to learn new skills are significant factors in job satisfaction.
- The gender gap is decreasing, with women now making up one-quarter of copier/MFP channel technicians.