BTA Awards 20 Scholarships
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
The Business Technology Association (BTA) has announced its 2016-17 scholarship winners. Twenty students were awarded scholarships.
Each year, BTA awards one $3,000 and a number of $1,000 and $1,500 scholarships to qualifying children of full-time employees of dealerships that are current BTA Retail Dealer members. Since the 1984-85 school year, BTA has presented 1,398 scholarships to deserving students, totaling $1,578,000.
The BTA Scholarship Foundation is supported by continuing contributions from individual dealers, as well as manufacturers and distributors.
On Feb. 23, 1968, the Dorothy R. Ames Scholarship Fund was announced in honor of Ames at her retirement dinner in Great Neck, Long Island, New York, for her many contributions to the industry. Ames retired as the executive vice president of the Ames Supply Co. Ultimately, the fund became the BTA Scholarship Foundation, benefiting the sons and daughters of employees of BTA member dealerships nationwide.
Scholarship recipients are chosen each year by an impartial and independent evaluator. The scholarship recipients for the 2016-17 school year and their sponsoring BTA member dealerships are as follows:
For more information on the BTA Scholarship Foundation, visit www.bta.org/Scholarships.
- Cassidy Buffington, Duplicating Products Inc., Gainesville, Georgia
- Orion Couch, Standley Systems, Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Jazmine Dahi, Advanced Office, Santa Ana, California
- Sydney Emmerich, EO Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Kailey Henderson, Anderson Business Technology, Pasadena, California
- Jeffrey Henize, Waltz Business Solutions, Crestview Hills, Kentucky
- Natalie Jehn, Waltz Business Solutions, Crestview Hills, Kentucky
- Zachary Jones, Copy Link Inc., Chula Vista, California
- David Keys, Fireside Office Solutions, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Matthew Krites, PERRY proTECH, Lima, Ohio
- Blaise McCormick, Duplicator Sales & Service, Louisville, Kentucky
- Megan McKenzie, Applied Imaging, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Taylor Ortner, American Business Systems Co. Inc., Springfield, Missouri
- Katie Paulich, EO Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Adrienn Peterson, Century Business Products Inc., Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Morgan Shipley, SolutionOne, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Jarod Smith, Advanced Systems Inc., Waterloo, Iowa
- Carson Stacy, Professional Business Systems Inc., Bentonville, Arkansas
- Jaykob Velasquez, Gobin's Inc., Pueblo, Colorado
- Darryl Watkins, Gordon Flesch Company, Dublin, Ohio