SYNNEX Simplifies Selling Services With New Field Services Program
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
SYNNEX Corp. has launched a new field services program under its SERVICESolv group to simplify how resellers go to market with and close field services opportunities. Different from the engineering, pre-sales support that SYNNEX's SERVICESolv group also offers, the new field services solutions give resellers the ability to order the deployment and installation services needed as a SKU along with the products required for their customers' projects. It also increases the speed in which resellers can respond to their customers with pricing and the scheduling of services, allowing them to focus more on selling and building relationships with their customers.
"We've made it easy for our resellers to buy and sell field services for their end-user customers with our new SERVICESolv Field Services," said Peter Larocque, president of North American technology solutions, SYNNEX Corp. "Through the program, resellers can efficiently augment their services portfolio, which gives them the opportunity to increase margins and gain more of their customers' technology budgets."
"SYNNEX's SERVICESolv Field Services program allows my team to go after more hardware opportunities that we can attach margin-rich installation services to that we may not be able to pursue without their support on the back end," said Ron Caruso, senior vice president, HPE HPI America, NWN Corp. "We use SYNNEX as our backup bench so we don't have to turn down business opportunities when our team is tied up with other projects, or if the geographic region or scope is outside of what we normally handle. We focus our efforts on selling to our customers, while SYNNEX's field services team implements digital signage installations and wireless assessments on our behalf." The new offering from SYNNEX includes the following types of pre-SKUed field services:
- "Extra Mile" services such as wireless site surveys and installations, onsite network installation, physical security, AV systems, telephony, digital signage, networking equipment, wireless equipment, pulling cable and fleet services;
- Vendor-specific technology certification training for reseller sales and technical staff;
- Warranty and depot services for Chromebooks/tablets, pro AV products, desktops/notebooks, printers, mobility products and servers;
- Software services such as consultation, assessment, implementation, migration, health check, training, product demos, cloud, help desk, disaster recovery and staff augmentation;
- "Smart Hands" routine, install-related tasks such as unpacking boxes, connecting hardware, loading software, trash disposal and cleanup.